WAVE Electronics Privacy Commitment
Wave is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- HOW INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- HOW INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- COOKIES AND BEACONS
- YOUR CHOICES
- SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- INTERNATIONAL JURISDICTIONS
- CONTACT US
- “App”refers to the downloadable BoxTrax mobile application owned and operated by Wave, through which access to the Content is available. References to the “App”include any and all features, functionality, tools and content available on or through each such application.
- “Platform”refers, collectively, to the Website App, and other technology through which Wave provides the Content.
- “Content”refers to any and all videos, text, photos, information and other content included, provided or made available on or through the Platform, except Your Content.
- “Your Content”refers to videos, text, photos, information and other content captured, recorded, streamed, stored, shared or otherwise made available or caused to be made available by you, and, if you are a corporate entity, all of the Users under both your administrative and corporate sub accounts.
- “Users”means any and all persons that access or use the Platform. References to “access”and/or “use”of the Platform (and any variations thereof) include the acts of accessing or browsing the Website or App, and accessing or using the Content.
- “Website”refers to the website owned or operated by Wave currently located at www.wave-electronics.com), through which access to the Content is available. References to the “Website”include any and all features, functionality, tools and Content available on or through each such website.
- “Wave,”“we,”or “us”refer to WAVE Electronics, Inc. and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for an account, download the App, use update your e-mail preferences, respond to a survey or provide other feedback about the Platform, or contact us with questions or comments about the Platform.
We may also collect information about you if a company or organization authorizes you to manage its account or use our Platform on its behalf.
We will not ask for or request sensitive information such as government identifiers, medical information, or financial information (except in connection to payments). Please do not provide this information to us through e-mails, feedback forms or in any other way unless specifically requested.
Information Generated from Use of the Platform
We also collect certain technical information when you access, browse and use our Platform, including information that we automatically receive and record from your browser or mobile platform on our server logs. This technical information helps us operate and provide our Platform to you, and includes standard information about visits and system capabilities, such as:
- information about the device(s) you use to access our Platform, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, your location, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, device and application identifiers, operating information, mobile carrier, and cookies;
- information about your visits to the Platform, including the full URL clickstream to, through, and from the Platform, including dates and times;
- information we need and use to facilitate your use of our Platform (including to provide access to third party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details;
- pages you view, searches you run, length of time browsing search results, specific search results you select to view, length of visits to other pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page;and
- page response times and download errors.
Some of the information we collect is generated using cookies and beacons. For more details about cookies, beacons, and your choices, see Cookies and Beacons below.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive certain information about you from the organizations or entities on behalf of which we provide the Platform to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Platform. We may also supplement the technical information we collect from your use of the Platform with information collected by third parties. Such third parties may include service providers, such as Salesforce.com, Inc. and Google Inc. that help us understand our Users and provide better service to our Users.
On occasion, we may compare or combine Personally Identifiable Information (defined below) from third party sources to/with other information we have collected. For example, we may obtain contact information from other sources in order to contact you if we think you or the company you represent would be interested in our Platform.
Personally Identifiable Information
Some of the information we collect through your use of our Platform or communications with us may personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”). The types of Personally Identifiable Information you may submit in connection with use of the Service include:
- contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number);
- account passwords for the Platform;
- payment card information and other billing information (such as card image, card number, cardholder name, expiration date and card verification code) associated with your account;and
- geographic location.
Other data derived from your use of the Platform is treated as "Non-Personally Identifiable Information,"unless it is combined with Personally Identifiable Information, or unless otherwise required by applicable law.
We may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect, to:
- create and manage your account;
- provide our Platform to you;
- operate our Platform, including access management, payment processing, Platform administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- send you information that enables you to use our Platform;
- contact you about activity on your account;
- generate reporting regarding the use of our Platform by Users;
- respond to your requests, feedback or inquiries;
- notify you about updates, information, or alerts regarding our Platform;
- comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- protect and enforce our rights arising under any agreements entered into between you and us, including billing and collection;
- protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Platform, including secured areas of the Platform;and
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including conducting surveys and market research, developing new products, services, and promotions (such as, for example, special events, programs, offers, contests), analyzing and enhancing existing products, services, and promotions, managing our communications;performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions.
In addition, we may use your information as described in any notice provided at the time you provide the information;and for any other purpose for which you may provide consent.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to:
- deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use our Website or App;
- present content in a manner that is optimized for your device;and
- measure and analyze the effectiveness of advertising we serve you.
We may also combine technical information, or Non-Personally Identifiable Information, about your use of our Platform with information that we obtain from other Users to use in an aggregate or anonymous manner for similar purposes.
Personally Identifiable Information
We will not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the third party's own direct marketing purposes without your express consent. (However, please note that if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement on our Platform, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria, even though we have not shared your Personally Identifiable Information.)
We may share Personally Identifiable Information with:
- the organizations or entities on behalf of which we are providing the Platform to you and/or on behalf of which you access or use the Platform;
- other companies associated with those organizations or entities in order to enable their systems to operate with the Platform;
- the designated administrator of your account, if you have an individual corporate subaccount, regarding use of the App by individual subaccounts;
- a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, liquidation, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personally Identifiable Information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred;
- other third parties with your express consent for any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;and
- you, upon your written request.
We may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information with law enforcement agencies, government officials, or other third parties as necessary for the purpose of:
- complying with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- preventing fraud and providing credit risk reduction;
- protecting the assets or property, and enforcing the rights of Wave, including for billing and collection purposes;and
- protecting the rights, property, or safety of our Users or others.
In the event that we receive a request from a governmental entity to provide it with your Personally Identifiable Information, we will make reasonable attempts to notify you of such request, to the extent reasonably possible and legally permissible.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
In addition, we may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregated or anonymized data:
- to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Platform, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Platform;
- with analytics, search engine, or other service providers that help us improve our Platform;
- to report to our affiliates, licensors and service providers, advertising partners and ad networks about the use of various aspects of the Platform;
- with other Users or prospective Users of the Platform;and
- to advertisers and advertising networks to select and serve relevant advertisements.
California Civil Code permits California residents to request that we not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may contact [email protected] to request information regarding how we share Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and/or to request that such information not be shared with third parties for such purposes.
- Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your personal computer. We associate cookies with Personally Identifiable Information only if you. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from browser cookies and we do not associate browser cookies with your Personally Identifiable Information.
You may use the tools available on your computer or other device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being set. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or use certain features or functionality of our Platform.
To learn more about cookies, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Beacons. Our Platform and e-mails may contain small electronic files known as beacons (also referred to as web beacons, clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Beacons in e-mail marketing campaigns allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the tools in your device to disable these technologies as well.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the information we collect from you.
You may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to our Platform. If you provide us with your e-mail address in order to receive communications, you can opt out of marketing e-mails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of our e-mails and adjusting your e-mail preferences. Please note that certain e-mails may be necessary for the operation of our Platform. You will continue to receive these e-mails, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
If you wish to minimize information collected by cookie or beacon, you can adjust the settings of your browsers to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it. You can also set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also be able to install plug-ins and add-ins that serve similar functions. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Platform may not work properly if we are not able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Network Advertising Initiative
Certain websites you visit may provide options regarding advertisements you receive. If you wish to minimize the amount of targeted advertising you receive, you can opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt–Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out) you will still see advertisements while you're browsing online. However the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you. For more information or to opt out of certain online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info.
Additionally, many advertising network programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories that they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt–Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
Do Not Track
Some browsers support a “Do Not Track”(or, DNT) feature, a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers, which is intended to be a signal to websites and services that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites or online services you visit. Our Platform does not currently recognize or respond to DNT signals, so DNT settings do not change the way the Platform operates.
Please note that we cannot control how third party websites or online services you visit through our Platform respond to Do Not Track signals. Check the privacy policies of those third parties for information on their privacy practices.
Updating or Deleting Information
The security of your information is important to Wave, and we have established administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information against unauthorized alteration, access, loss, theft, use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, Wave cannot ensure or warrant that your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, is secure from unauthorized third parties. Thus, your use of the Platform and communication with us about them is at your own risk.
You are responsible for protecting your User ID and password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with the Platform is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your username or password has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
Corporate clients are responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of both administrator account and individual subaccount login information.
Our Platform is directed to and is intended to be used only by persons who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, you are not permitted to register for an account or otherwise submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us, including your name, address or e-mail address. If we discover that we have collected any Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 18, we will suspend the associated account and remove that information from our database as soon as possible. By registering for an account or submitting any Personally Identifiable Information to us, you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
WAVE Electronics, Inc.
8648 Glenmont Drive, Suite 130
Houston, TX 77036